For even the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.
At MJ, we make it our mission to focus on loving one another and serving others in our community. While it's difficult to quantify and list all the good things going on among our church family, we are blessed to serve in a couple of the examples below.
- Our preschool touches the lives of so many children each school year. You can learn more about them by visiting mjcocpreschool.com.
Single Mom Car Care Clinic
- This yearly event focuses on pampering and loving single moms on Mother's Day. We give them an oil change, a meal, and spend time with them on this day.
Back to School Supplies
- Knowing that there are many in our community who need help to supply their children with school supplies, our schools ministry works to collect school supplies each summer before the new school year begins to donate.
Ted E. Bear Ministry
- For years there have been countless, handmade, bears made and donated to our local hospitals to be given to children while they may be seeking care.
- Each year, on Veterans Day, we invite all veterans in our community to attend a breakfast where we honor them and share a meal with them.
We Are the Sermon Day
- While we know that God's Word is powerful in its hearing, we also know true faith in him is vindicated by action. While good works go on every week at MJ, we have one day a year where we focus on the entire congregation being active on a Sunday afternoon in our community in various service opportunities.
Cookies with Santa
- We love our community and love the Christmas parade that happens yearly. On the morning of the annual parade, we set up an opportunity for families to come and receive a free photo with Santa along with cookies and crafts for the whole family!
- We continually are collecting clothing donations to be shared with those who are in need of them in the Nashville area. The donation drop area is in our lower fellowship hall.
Habitat for Humanity Build
- Yearly, we help support Habitat for Humanity in our community.
Worship in the Park
- Who doesn't love a community picnic?! We invite our whole community to an opportunity to worship, share a meal, and have some fun at Charlie Daniel's park annually.
- Around 600 area children attend our annual Vacation Bible School organized by our children's ministry.
- Our food pantry is open from 9 am to noon every Tuesday and Thursday to help those in our community who need food assistance.